Michigan Interfaith Coalition
Individuals represented by our members, most of whom are registered voters, all demanding an end to the #MICareCrisis
Friends of the Coalition
Other member organizations and friends of the coalition, all seeking an end to Michigan’s humanitarian crisis
Other Organizations And Friends Of The Coalition
THEY ARE SUFFERING…
Injured survivors need your help, right now. They are in urgent need of physical, mental and spiritual support. The 24/7 care, services and medical supplies that catastrophically injured persons need to survive – to eat, to move, to use the bathroom – were suddenly taken away when the Auto No-Fault Reform became effective.
- Injured persons with Traumatic Brain Injuries have been forced out of their homes of 10+ years to go into nursing homes, where they cannot receive the level of care they need
- Families are tapping into lifetime savings to pay for home care
- Minor children are being forced to care for their disabled parents, and elderly parents are being forced to care for paralyzed adult children with Spinal Cord Injuries who need 24/7 care including breath tube care, toileting, feeding, stretching, supervision, and wheelchair mobility – all things that Medicare and work insurance do not cover
- Paralyzed survivors are unable to get to doctor appointments as wheelchair-accessible transportation and care companies have shut down
- Family members are being forced to care for loved ones without pay, or for pay of only 56 out of 168 hours, and for a rate under minimum wage
As faith leaders, we have a moral responsibility to help.